Pūkaha welcomes locals and friends from all over the world who are keen to make a difference and give something back.
As a recognized charity, we place willing volunteers in suitable roles on-site including in restoration, breeding and hosting. Short and long-term options available.
Without our generous volunteers, Pūkaha would be a very different place!
If you’re interested in volunteering, please scroll down to see what volunteer roles we currently have available.
Current Volunteer Opportunities – Updated February 2022
Junior Rangers Assistant Volunteer Positions
- Shift is 10:00am – 3:00pm on Junior Rangers days, during school holidays
- Assist a Pūkaha Team Member set up, deliver and pack up the Junior Rangers school holiday programme (Programme runs 10:30am-2:30pm generally Tue-Thu each school holidays)
- Assist the Team Member supervise children, keep children together in one group whilst in the Reserve (especially when walking)
- Under the guidance/request of the Team Member, manage child behaviour
- Escort children to the toilet and returning to the group as needed
- Assist the Team Member supervise children during lunch time
Experience and knowledge in these areas are essential:
- Experience working with children age 5-14
- Safety focus
- Māori tikanga and te reo familiarity
- Passion for NZ wildlife
Would suit students of Early Childhood Education or Primary Education.
Our service block and volunteer house are in need of exterior painting. This one-off project would commence in March 2022.
To apply or for more information please contact Kerri: [email protected]. In your application please indicate which role(s) you are interested in.